Monday, March 14, 2011

Only Here...

...at the geekiest school in New England, would we get a half day of classes off for Pi Day.  This is, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, today, March the fourteenth, because of the numbers.  π = 3.14..... and the date matches up, etc.  So.  I had two classes this morning, and now I'm free until the various π and pie-related contests start after lunch.  We'll be having pie baking and eating contests, π recitation, we're auctioning off teachers to be "pied," ("we" being the student senate), est., etc.  So, today is basically one very bad, very long pun.  Oh, and THIS IS HELL WEEK.  It's official.  Three hours of rehearsal every night during structured study, for which we have to make up with awkwardly scheduled study halls throughout the day.  The Importance Of Being Ernest will be the death of me. 

I've submitted my application for the Senate Page Program to the office of Olympia Snowe.  That's very exciting.  I'm also just sort of waiting nervously for next month, when I'll hear about NSLI-Y and whether the Middle East has gone so mad that they won't send me there.  Or that I just didn't get in.

Bitterly cold outside, and I'm hungry.  And getting sick of Great Expectations.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I celebrated pi day to myself too! With a bit of pie at 1.59. I am such a nerd.